12 February 2006

Wordclouds

OK Ally has already blogged about this, but in case you don't read her blog* then I have posted this for you to play with. If you want one for your blog then just click here and go get one. It is too cool for words!! Might buy the t-shirt one day but for now I'll think about when on earth I'd wear it. Actually. We could all get them and have a blogging party, and actually meet the people who's lives we follow online in the flesh...excuse for wine? I'm there"!

*You really should read Ally's blog, it's fantastic writing. And as for my blogroll...it's coming as soon as I get time and patience (because it always screws up when I do it - need an afternoon with a pot of tea for this one)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhys said...

You ever heard of Blogrolling.com?
I use that and a lot of other people do, you basically can create a list of links which you can put on your website. It's only 1 line of code also, so there's no hassle.

2:51 pm  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you very muchly for the link and the big-up! :). I use blogrolling.com, too. The basic account is free, but after a while, I paid for a year's subscription that is just coming up for renewal - going to renew I think, as it makes managing links a lot easier.

The only two things I've found that go against it are:
1. If blogrolling goes down for a while, then your list of links doesn't appear on your site for that time
and
2. I understand that it can confuse bots that search your sites for links. But I don't know why, how, or what one would do to get around it and I can't say it really bothers me anyway.

Can we have a bloggermeet in Liverpool and all come wearing our t-shirts? :)

4:13 pm  
Blogger Alaskan_Chilli said...

That blog cloud is way cool!
*scurries off to go and play with one*

9:49 pm  
Blogger Sazzle said...

I have blogrolling, the problem is when I stick the link in the words are a different size and spacing to my other links - grrrr

12:52 am  
Blogger Ally said...

You can alter it by setting it up a 'class' in the header section of your template and specifying what size/style text you want it to be. Happy to help if you want to drop me an email :).

11:16 am  
Blogger Ian Edwards said...

Bloggermeet in Liverpool? I'm there :)

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home